Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Colds suck !

I started getting sick last week and when does it hit full force ? Of course it would be Thanksgiving ! I spent half the day in bed and had to cook while jumping betwene the bed and the kitchen. I even ate dinner dressed in my pajamas.
Today I feel a little better but still have some tightness in the chest and my sinuses are killing me. I have never seen a cold like that.
The good news is that with all the time I spent in bed this weekend, my hip and back are finally feeling better. I am not walking with a limp and I haven't needed the heating pad yet in my chair at work. I traded the pain for a cold .. not sure yet if it was a fair one.
I did get out a little bit and get shopping and such done but other than that I tried to take it easy.

Tomorrow starts my month with health coverage as well. I am a little nervous about it since I have been so ill the last few days but wish me luck that I don't get hurt or sicker during that time !

1 comment:

  1. hmmm I bet with 4 kids you never stop, without even realizing you're going ...there's a message in that cold, be thankful!! ;) .. and at thanks giving too, who'd've thought!

    ReplyDelete