Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 2

Well day one can be best described as an utter disaster. I started feeling pretty ill last night and ended up in bed by 7:30. I just laid there and watched a movie with Brandon, Gangs of NY. My back ache became almost unbearable so I took some Tylenol and tried to keep my mind busy with the movie. By about 2am I couldn't sleep due to the leg pain and a headache started setting in. I did take the Lyrica as I had planned so I didn't add to anything by trying to do both at the same time. I can't even describe the back ache I felt though, so deep and distracting.
This morning I am exhausted. I felt like I didn't sleep at all. My head hurts, which I can only assume is a rebound headache. I am stuffy in my nose and sinuses. The backache is ten times worse than it was last night and my hip is absolutely horrible. When I step down I feel a very sharp stabbing pain deep in the joint. I am feeling pain on the outside as well, but more in my groin and where I sit. I have the heat going on high today on my back and may resort to my heating pad for the groin if it continues to get worse through the day.

I am seriously beginning to have second thoughts. I want off these pain meds but at what cost ? Thinking I may need to include my doctor in this one ....

2 comments:

  1. Yes Erin I think you're right, they're heavy drugs AND you still have an underlying pain problem.
    I'm still taking double meloxicam for my operated hip and I'm planning to stop taking then when I am no longer in pain whilst on them, for a few weeks, then I'll half dose for 1 maybe two weeks, applying the same rule, then hopefully one day, no more drugs!
    Sorry you're feeling crappy Erin, big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Louisa. I have been reading on how to do this myself and with still taking the Lyrica I think I can do it.

    ReplyDelete