Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Short workweek !

I am so happy it's a short week.
My body is hating me this week with a passion. between the backaches and the weird hip pain I am wiped out. I am feeling pain deep in the side of my thigh and it feels almost like a prickly burning feeling .. kinda like what I felt along my pelvic rim on the right side that initially took me to the doctor. I am limping badly and my body is so stiff now, even when staying still for a short amount of time.
I have decided to start cutting calories to see if losing a few pounds will help me. My back is so sore, leaving me close to tears all day long. I was laying in bed yesterday and saw an infomercial for a thing called the BackJoy. I know it is approved by the FDA as a medical device so I am going to give it a try and see if I can't get some relief. I will definitely keep you updated !
I see both docs tomorrow and hopefully I can get some kind of progress out of this. The last few visits to Dr. Erickson I just get the "let it heal" statement and 5 minute appointments. I am still not sure how it will go with Dr. Weinghart but hopefully I can get some good information from him on how to cope with my pain and not use so many pain management drugs.
The pain is getting worse everyday and I am truly sick of it.

1 comment: