Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Week 1 done

This first week at the new job flew. I have been in so much pain it's unbelievable. We did finally have a drive home last night that was right at an hour. I keep hoping my body will start adjusting to the long rides but it hasn't.
My back is finally feeling better. Last night I took a muscle relaxer and my regular meds, soaked in a bath and went to bed. It is slow going but I am glad it doesn't feel like it did Monday. My hips are still stiff and a little painful but after a while they loosen up as long as I get up and stretch, which hasn't been much ! They are keeping me extremely busy and I seem to be fitting in to the team nicely. I am catching Brandon's cold so one thing is taking place of another. Hopefully that goes away and it's just something minor. He has been horribly ill and he isn't getting much better.
I do miss all my friends and wish I could relate to others here like I do to them. I miss having that support system and people who understood what I was going through. Who knows .. maybe soon !

No comments:

Post a Comment