Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, November 9, 2009

One more day !

This is my last full day working at quite possibly one of the most stressful jobs I have ever had. It didn't really hit me how bad until I started getting sick and having to deal with medical issues. Making up time for appointments with night and weekend work, doing what I could out of guilt to get back to work after major surgery on my hip ... it just hits you all at once I think. I even used all of my sick days and vacation to follow the doctors orders and take a week off after my scope.

This weekend was extremely rough on the hip. I skipped meds on Saturday night so I could go to happy hour with my sister and her husband, and man did I pay for it at about 4am. I couldn't even sleep my legs hurt so bad. I felt those creepy crawlies again in my legs all the way up and down. Once I took the Oxy I was better but I went 24 hours without the Lyrica. Once I grabbed that from the pharmacy and took it I started to feel better. I hate this so much. I hate having to depend on little pills to make me feel better every day. I feel like my hip is never going to heal. I can't sit now for more than 20 minutes at a time and my back aches pretty much all the time. The pain is more in the center of the cheek and right around the hamstring insertion. Back to the heat I guess ....

No comments:

Post a Comment