Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's done

I am sitting here just waiting for the clock to tick down to my final minutes here. There is just this wave of calm that came over me this morning as I made my last drive here. The stress is gone, time for a new stress to start with learning a new job. This kind is much more exciting !
My body is sore today and I am walking pretty stiff. I have the heat going on my back as usual and it feels good. I am starting to feel weird lumps underneath my incision spots and think the scar tissue is starting to build up. You would not believe how tender it is ! I have been massaging it to loosen it up but it hurts quite a bit.
The hip feels even tighter today. I don't know if my body is just used to the pain meds and working it's way around it, but it has started to get worse lately. I am trying to convince myself that it is healing and that's all I am feeling is my body trying hard to rebuild muscle and tissue. I will be seeing Dr. Erickson on the 24th and I am really hoping by then we can decide what to do next. I want to be able to sit on a chair without my legs and lady parts falling asleep ! I know the hamstring is still tight so I have to get my butt back to stretching daily. I felt a little bit of clicking last night as I was doing some stretching and I freaked out.
My mind is everywhere today so it's best I quit now. It may be a while before I can get back here since I now have a commute but I don't plan to stop until the process is done !

No comments:

Post a Comment