Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sniff sniff ...

All that is left of my horrible week is the sniffles. I have a slight low grade fever but I can definitely tell I am getting much better.
Snow hit today and it took me 3 hours to drive in. Funny thing is that for the first time my body didn't complain. I definitely was sick to death of sitting in my car to travel 35 miles but my back and hip are doing really well. I am feeling some slight pulling in the medius on the right side, but that pain has been there right from the start. I hope someday they will finally get that one figured out. Still have the same pain that took me to the doctor 9 months ago !
I am noticing absolutely no limp at all, no tenderness anymore in the butt cheek and the incision site tenderness is going away as well. I don't want to get my hopes up and think this finally may have been the turning point, but it's hard to not want to be extra positive after all the negative that has happened.
Now that I am feeling better I am planning to get active again and hopefully take off this 20 pounds I have gained since the surgery. I hate the way I look right now !

1 comment:

  1. Hey sounding v positive, don't go mad now! Me and you both 20lbs!

    ReplyDelete