Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 11

It is so hard to believe it has been 11 days now since my last dosage of medications.
I wish I could report it was a good weekend but that creepy feeling came back in my legs both Saturday and Sunday nights. I also experienced the chills something fierce. I thought by now I would be getting past the rough stuff but it appears I may have to be a little more patient.
Christmas is right around the corner and I have done absolutely nothing. It doesn't feel like it this time of year, no snow. My heart just isn't in it right now, but knowing I have yet to buy a single thing for my kids is weighing heavily on me. I am emotionally fragile right now, wondering why after almost 40 years I am alone aside from the kids. Am I really missing anything ?
I do feel sad today, heck I have felt sad for the last week thinking this feeling will never go away. The bills, the kids, the drive, a new job, Christmas .... it's like a waterfall of shit. The pressure can be so much on bad days.
There has to come a time in my life where it all comes back together. It has done nothing but fall apart since my diagnosis last April, so it's high time to get it figured out. It is time to stop hanging on hoping for a different result, that is after all the definition of insanity right ?
I must also add that I have finally sat down and got to the next chapter of my book, something I have been meaning to get to for almost a year now ! Something productive to keep my mind off of this odd road of life I am travelling. Would have been nice if someone posted a detour sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment