Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 5 ... again

Well I am glad to report that I am feeling slightly better today. I took 1/2 a vallium after Heather's game last night and made it all the way until 4:29AM and again woke up coughing so hard I vomitted. I decided on some non-drowsy cold medicine to calm the cough and I was able to sleep a little bit more.
The legs have subsided and I am still dealing with the clammy feeling as well as the chills every now and then, but the heating pad has helped quite a bit. My joints ache all over though !
So I would like to think I have finally made it over the worst part of it and have really started to clean my system out. My stomach is still giving me issues and I can't keep any food down yet. I did try last night with half a slice of pizza but it didn't stay very long. This morning I grabbed a tangerine and that so far agreed pretty well. I am staying very hydrated so I don't make myself sicker, but as of today I have lost 8 pounds in this process.
One day at a time ....

No comments:

Post a Comment