Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's soooo colldddddd

I can not believe this weather. It was -35 below with wind chill this morning. I don't think it got above 10 all day today like it was supposed to.
The last few days have been bliss. I don't have the pain I am used to and my back feels pretty good. I officially ran out of meds today and can't refill until Jan. 1st so it really looks like I am going to have to do withdrawl cold turkey. At this point though I am not really bothered by it. I have been feeling pretty good and there is only some slight soreness. Those things I can deal with.
I love my Backjoy too ! This thing has been wonderful for my back and I can seem to function better and not feel so much stress. I use it at work right now since the seat in my car is ergonomic and I can sit the way I need to for the pressure. I am going to definitely keep this one and see if it will work long term. I even cancelled the nerve study they wanted to do to isolate the pain. Instead I let them know I am doing good and that soon, after my new insurance kicks in, that we can discuss doing the other hip.
The new job is going great and I don't feel the pressure and stress I did at the last one. I feel actually really healthy emotionally since I started a new job and got rid of some things that were causing me mental torture (aka "him"). Never again ....
I am looking forward to Christmas and spending time with my family. My sister and I grow closer all the time and I am connecting with more family members because of her. Life is great and I feel so happy now that I can move forward. It just took a little bit to get it straight in my head and heart I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment