Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 7

So here I am, made it a week so far.
I did wake up really stiff in the hip today but nothing a little motrin didn't help with. I am still suffering from severe body temperature issues. I have had the chills more than the hot flashes though so it has been really hard to stay warm.
I have been keeping myself as busy as possible to keep my mind off of it. I woke up coughing at about 12:30 and was able to actually fall back to sleep for a change. Last night was my first night of going to sleep without help and it was only a little rough. I think I only woke up a couple of times because of some extremely vivid dreams.
I still feel clouded and tired but I can tell I have certianly gotten past the horrible part of this process and have started to get on with life. I feel good now and I can think really clearly, when over the course of the last few months I have begun to seriously question my judgement and choices I made.
So for now I will take it for what it is and enjoy being clean from this hell. Maybe in a few days the chills will stop !

No comments:

Post a Comment