Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 19 !

I didn't realize how long it had been since my last update.
The days are flying by and I can say without a doubt that I feel almost 100% better than I did a few weeks ago.
Aside from some stiffness in my joints in the morning, I am no longer feeling the intense pain I used to feel in the hip and butt. The moods swings are gone, the irritability, the irrational thoughts and mostly just the feeling of sadness have disappeared. Holy hell I feel like myself again ! It's hard to believe that it's been almost a year since my initial injury. Man what a long ass year !
I have no words really to describe how grateful I am to feel so good right now. I thought for the longest time that I was destined to leave a painfully sad life with nothing but that looming feeling over my head all the time, but all in all the patience to get through this process was well worth it.
I have more friends and family around me now than ever and it feels wonderful. Having my sister around has helped me tremendously, if for anything but moral support.
My insurance comes active on Jan. 1st and it will be time to start looking forward again and getting my right hip done. I want to take some down time though and maybe wait a good part of the year before committing. Even though my left hip feels absolutely fantastic I am worried I will be in the same position I found myself in this with this last surgery. Of course with my kidney healed and my liver enzymes going back up, it could just be a matter of time before I can truly estimate my recovery period. I have been avoiding the parathyroid issue too.

So with a new year coming up on us fast I wanted to reflect on the last year. The pain, sadness and chaos have come down to the end of the year and are ready to be leaving with it. I am looking forward to living a full life again in 2010 and I will do it, I don't have a single doubt in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment