Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rain rain go away ..

What a dreary day outside. It's in the 50's again today and it's still drizzling. On a pain scale I about a 5 today which isn't too bad. My poor puppy Dakota went missing yesterday and I overdid things by walking for hours looking for him. Emotionally I am a wreck and the weather sure isn't helping. Both hips hurt a little at the bottom of the cheeks and my arm continues to hurt and is now sore to my elbow. I didn't sleep well at all either so it's been a rough day.
I called Dr. Phillipon's office yet again and left a voicemail for Madeline. This is getting seriously irritating now. It's been over a month and I still have yet to even get a single question answered by that clinic. I don't understand how they could expect someone to deal with the level of pain I have without a single thought for their well being. I understand they are busy and I have tried very hard to be patient but the waiting like this is a joke and detrimental to me mentally.

Rob met with me for lunch today so that definitely helped me. He is staying with me tonight to help me get the shopping and stuff done. I am stopping at the animal shelter again on the way home and praying my baby puppy is there. I have this feeling deep down that he is fine, kinda like I get with my kids. Man I can't take much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment