Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Home again

Wow what an extremely long week since I last updated ! The camp went great for the girls and they did extremely well. They seated in first place but lost the championship by 1 point. They were crushed but they were so proud of how well they did by only losing 1 game over the 4 days in their division.
So ..... the drive, excruciating. We only stopped a couple of times because of how late it was getting and it was too dark to trust the girls through the mountains to drive. The beds were even worse. We stayed at the Adams State College in the dorms and those beds were like sleeping on bricks. One of the girls needed my extra blankets and pillow so I gave them to her and used a small sleeping bag. I paid for that every single day I was there. Both hips and my back were so sore I could barely walk. One of the other coaches even gave me a vicodin so I could sleep Thursday night. The drive home was even worse but I did manage to sleep 13 hours in my own bed Sunday morning. My emotions have evened out since I stopped taking the Gabapentin as well.
Tonight is my 3D CT and my follow-up with Dr. Erikson is in the morning to talk about what's next.
Rob and I are working things out too and we are trying to figure out what we keep doing wrong ! He is going to try and drive me tonight if he gets off work early enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment