Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A good day

I think I am finally going to have a good pain day ! I woke up a little tight again this morning with a dull ache in the back, same spot as yesterday but the pinching I felt is gone. I feel a little flush but doing pretty good and no limp for the second day in a row. I am down to one Tramadol for relief now instead of 2. I am really concerned about the drive I am making tonight for Heather's basketball camp. 5 hours sitting stationary is most likely going to hurt me so I may try to stop frequently so I don't cramp up and pay for it tomorrow. All 4 of the girls I am taking drive so if it gets too bad I will just let them drive some of it for me.
I am overwhelmingly sad today too. Rob and I are splitting and I am devastated. I won't discuss here why, but the timing could not have been any worse or the circumstances. Just when my body starts to feel better my heart got crushed. I am not sure how this will play in my recovery but I am determined to get through everything and be a better woman for it.

1 comment:

  1. You're gonna do great on the drive and thats awesome the girls can help drive as well =D your deffinitly gonna need that help. really do hope the trip goes well XD i know its a really hard time for you but you know we all are here for ya hence me still reading and commenting haha =D just know you will be missed on your trip and there totally is a light at the end of the tunnel and and your friends and family are here to help you there =) your eq dork ass friends too haha =D

    ReplyDelete