Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Big Surprise

Well one more day "til the end of the week" and I didn't hear from them. I highly doubt they will have the courtesy to even call me tomorrow. I am ready to ask for a different doctor to be referred to.
The pain is absolutely horrible in my right hip and hurts all along the top of my pelvis, a new spot for me to hurt at. There is absolutely no relief at all. My arm does feel slightly better and doesn't hurt like it has the first part of the week so hopefully what ever I did to it is healing. My left butt cheek hurt for a bit while walking but I haven't been very mobile today. I have been trying to stay pretty still and use my heating pad as much as possible.
I am anxious to get home and see my puppy. Missing him was definitely depressing me and I didn't need another thing on top of it. Rob had lunch with me today too so it's been a good day all around. My mood has changed to be more positive and hopefully watching Heather play bball tonight and win would be a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment