Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ooowieeee

So, went in yesterday for the Facet Joint Injections and can't even describe the pain I felt. The needle hitting my bones and going through the muscle was horrible, and the pain I feel today is almost torturous. I had a low grade fever when I went to the doc this morning for my hips and my blood pressure was up. That totally has to be from the pain. I have started crying twice already today just from the pain (x-ray done).
I also saw Dr. Erikson this morning for my hips. He took some x-rays and it was the frog kick position which was excruciating ! He only took my left hip for now since it appears to be in the worst shape. I have an MRA scheduled for tomorrow and a 3D CT scan for the 22nd (cool huh!). He moves like lightening and he could hear the catching and popping as clear as day. He said he can definitely do the surgery arthroscopically and is rushing to get it done due to the quick degeneration I am experiencing. The pain meds just don't cut it anymore. They had every single thing scheduled and authorized in one morning. Makes me wonder why other offices can't seem to do this .. maybe patient volume ? He wanted the new scans so he can see right down to the last detail what he needs to fix. He wants to do my left hip first and then do the right hip 4 weeks after. This would give me a much shorter recovery than the open hip. I believe this man was sent to me to ease my pain finally.
Rob and Heather came to drive me home from the surgery center and that man took care of me like no one else ever has before, even picking up my meds from the pharmacy. He wasn't lying when he said he was there for the long haul and I love him more for it.

1 comment:

  1. High 5 Rob =D keep it up she needs ya bud and happy shes got ya =). but this is some great news about the shorter recovery time and everything woot!!! wish the pain wasnt so bad but you seem to have a badass dr and most happy for that XD hang in there hun we miss ya =)

    ReplyDelete