Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, June 15, 2009

It's Monday again

Definitely the least favorite of the days of the week !
I feel pretty decent today with the exception of some tightness in my lower buttock area on both sides. There is a small pinch on the left side but I can't really tell where it is coming from. The nausea is a 2 and I am happy not to be on the verge of tossing cookies, even though lately there are no cookies to toss. I took my temperature last night and I was back up 100 which concerned me a little since I was feeling flush but decided to go to bed instead of calling the doc. I was down to 99.3 this morning which is a good sign. Physically though I am exhausted. My body is weak and tired feeling but for once in a long ass time I am not limping !
I put in 6 hours at work yesterday trying to make up some time for all my doctors appointments. I try and make them as early as possible but even the 7:45 appointments have me rolling in to work around 10. I keep looking at the light at the end of the tunnel though and know eventually my life will be normal again. I am definitely learning to get a lot more done on the days I run late for fear of not being employed !
As a side note, Madeline left me a message this morning from Dr. Phillipon's office but I have no desire to call her back ... you know, afford them the same courtesy they showed me for the last 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment