Hey !

I decided to join the many internet-savvy people and start blogging ! I have read many accounts of FAI and the process of diagnosis, surgery and recovery. This will be my record of the entire process and I will be extremely honest about how it affects my mental and physical state. Others will be googling when they find out they have the same diagnosis and support seems to be the thing missing.
My diagnosis (right hip)-
- cam-type FAI and pincer-type
- partial detachment of the anterior/superior labrum (tear)
- fraying along the articular margin of the superior labrum with minimal partial detachment
- chondral softening along the superior acetabular rim manifested by low signal in the cartlidge (no clue what that means !)
- mild chrondral surface irregularity
- chondral softening involving adjacent superior femoral head
- physiologic joint fluid
- insertional tendinosis of the right gluteus minimus

My left hip is almost the same but says complete detachment and no fluid reported.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Hi !

So ... not a bad weekend. Heather and I went to Water World and I got the sunburn from hell. I ached a little when we started and the water felt good, but by the end of the day I had no range of motion and could barely walk on my left hip. That was bad enough but then some jackass stole my shoes !!! I had to go the rest of the day without my flip-flops ($2 from WalMart!) and go through the parking lot. Heather gave me hers so I could drive home.
We had 40+ layoffs Friday so my stress level is extremely high and I feel very sad for those let go. I am scared for my own job and for obvious reasons, losing my own benefits to be taken care of.
I have my Facet Injections in 2 days and I am anxious to see if it helps at all. I am nervous but Rob will be there with me and is driving me home. I guess they sedate you a little bit, enough not to care what's going on.
I have yet to hear from Dr. Phillipon's office and quite honestly can't feel anymore neglected or unimportant than I do to them as I do now. I have attempted to find another doctor and have even asked them to refer me to someone who actually cares and will call me back. This of course was all on voicemail since no one ever answers the phone there. It has now been 5 weeks since my initial call to them and I am no farther than I was then. I am sick of the pain, I am sick of trying to get them to respond to me and most of all I just feel like giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment